WordPress blog is one of the most popular open source and easy to install and configure. Recently, we all friends meet for New Year party. My friend has his own blogs and web-sites. He asks me for one issue he is facing in his blog since long time.
Published date of post change automatically in wordpress.
Post date changed automatically in wordpress.
Automatically changed published article dates.
When I ask for few more details than he said may be possible that this issue arise after he upgrade wordpress version. I took admin panel details to work out this issue of automatically change published date in wordpress.
Please do the following steps if your articles published date change automatically.
- Check in the installed plugin and search for plugin named ‘SEO SearchTerm 2’.
- If ‘SEO SearchTerms 2’ plugin installed in your blog than go to Settings.
- Go for ‘SEO SearchTerms 2’ Settings.
- Search for ‘Promote old post with no search engine traffic’.
- It will be Yes, Turn it off and save it.
That’s it. Now its not going to change published date automatically. Basically, this plugin re-post the articles which are not indexed in the google search. One way its really good for google search but your visitor does not get latest content if it’s turned on.